http://bestflights.co.za/africa/egypt/cairo – Visit for extra info on Cairo, Egypt.
Cairo, the capital of Egypt, is among the largest cities in Africa and the Middle East. With a inhabitants in extra of 16 million folks it’s among the many world’s most densely populated cities.
What to see / do
* Al-Azhar Park — A glimpse into the fascinating previous
* Cairo Opera House — Opera, dance and music
* Cairo Tower — An 187-metre tower with views of the views of town, desert and Pyramids, Zamalek, Shubra and the Nile Delta
* Hanging Church — The most well-known Coptic church in Cairo
* Pyramids at Giza — The oldest and largest of the three pyramids within the Giza
* The Egyptian Museum — More than 120,000 antiquities, overlaying centuries of historic historical past.
* The Sphinx — One of Egypt’s oldest surviving constructions
Annual occasions in Cairo
* Ashura – Shia Muslims performing zikrs (non secular dances) and conventional music.
* Cairo International Film Festival — Competitions, tributes and controversial movies
* Coptic Christmas — Religious providers and concert events and typical Christmas bazaars. Religious providers and concert events and typical Christmas bazaars
* International Nile Song Festival — Kids from round 18 nations compete in writing, singing and composing.
* Sphinx Festival — A gathering of artists, students and Egyptologists.